Friday after noon we attended the 8th Annual International Art Competition with Norms sister Lurain and the rest of the family. Lurain had entered a stained glass mosaic and won a merit award!!! That is pretty cool!!!! Here are some stats about the competition!!!
Just some stats :
1189 entries from all over the world
250 made the 1st round of judging
190 made it through the second round and are on display at the Conference Center March 20 - October 10, 2009
20 Merit Awards for Excellence and depicting the theme "Remembering the Great Things of God"
18 Purchase Awards - Purchased for use by the Church.
Photographs certainly don't do this project justice. It is very difficult to see the beautiful colors and the different types of glass. The intricacy of the pieces is amazing. If you go up to the Conference Center in Salt Lake, you can witness the amazing display of art from all over the world and you can see the project done by our now famous Lurain Lyman. She is so talented but....we love her anyway. Be sure to go to the Conference Center between Mar.20 and Oct. 10 and vote for Lurains project!!! Oh yea, and to go see the other stuff too. It is well worth going.
Then Saturday morning we went shooting with Roger and his family. It was great fun. I am not a real fan of guns, but just target shooting, I like. There were all types of guns there, but the most popular were Norms antique 30-30, his antique 22, and Rogers AR. I wasn't planning on shooting, but then was talked into shooting the AR. What a blast that was!!! I want one!!! That thing sure goes through the bullets tho. Didn't take long to get rid of 20 of them!!!!
Norm having a bit of fun, and I believe Rogers dad is shooting the 22. Not sure tho, but he sure did like that little gun.
Cindy (Rogers sister) and her friend playing with the AR. It was a beautiful day and was wonderful to be around family and friends. I was very comfortable being around so many guns and shooting because Rogers family has great respect
for them and for safety. It was way fun!!!
After we got rid of all of that ammo, we had a picnic at Salem Pond. I snuck in a picture of Christy and Katie on the swing.
Sunday, after church, we were able to attend the dedication of the new Draper Utah Temple so it was a perfect finish to a wonderful weekend.
Like I said, it was very busy, but tons of fun, and lots to take in. Pleasure is spread through the earth
In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find.
~William Wordsworth, 1806





1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I really wanted to go shooting...roger says we can go again! I love that family!
Post a Comment