I got up this morning full of energy so I thought I would go out a pull weeds for an hour, before I got ready to take Norm to therapy. Well, I got out there and it was so cold that I pulled a couple of weeds and my hands were just stinging.....so....I quit. This is June, for heck sake!!!! Come on now!!!!
We have so many weeds cause there just hasn't been time to pay much attention to our garden. Some of those things are practically trees!!! So, I am going to have to get the shovel. But, now that Norm is more able to get around, it is not so hard to get out there and do something. He is even able to do a little bit...and every little bit helps.
Speech was good today. Very informative. The therapist (Jim) talked to us on Wed. about what our expectations would be for future therapy and did we want to continue, cut down to one day a week, or keep going twice a week. He tested Norm again so that he would have something to compare to, when Norm first started. So, today we talked about what we expected and what we were interested in seeing improve. I am interested in anything that they can do to help Norm prepare to be able to drive again. Right now, they have told him NOOOOOO driving!!!! Apparently we should be seeing a doctor that follows up with the rehab patients after they become outpatient. So, I went down and talked to his receptionist and got an appointment for next Wed...so, that is good. He can help us to know how much more therapy Norm needs and help us prepare him to drive. The speech therapist can work on some things too.....so, it looks like things are still moving onwards and upwards!!!!
As for the testing that Jim did, it seems that when Norm tested before, the results showed him as Severe as far as brain damage and this last test he did, tested him at a Moderate!!!! The therapist said that he was a bit disappointed because, because of the progress he had seen, he sort of expected a Mild, or a Normal.....so, that tells me that it is possible for him to recover most or all of his memory. What good news that was!!!!
Cardiac Rehab was alright today. We had to rush and find somewhere to get lunch before we went, so, that required Norm to walk a little ways. By the time we shoved down our lunch and got to Rehab, his sats (oxygen levels) were pretty low. He didn't do as well as he had the last couple of days, but, I keep reminding myself that there will be bumps in the road, but there are fewer and fewer, and farther between. So, I should not be surprised for Norm to have a rough day once in a while. All in all, things are just amazing!!!! He is improving at a really fast rate, and is just showing everyone what a miracle really is. I think it is going to be quite a while before he gets back much energy, but it will come.
The days, hopefully will be getting warmer now and I can finish planting my flowers and veggies. We are very late with them, but we will get some produce....just not as much. We can live with that....I can't wait for home-grown tomatoes. The ones from the store taste like cardboard.
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future. ~Author Unknown
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment