They were concerned that the ulcer wasn't healing fast enough because he had been having pain and squinting for almost a week, so, they did that dreaded procedure that would destin us to hot dogs the rest of our lives, but Clancys doctor only charged us a fraction of what it could have been. The original estimate was "right around $950.00." As it was, it was just a small part of that, which was a real blessing. That doctor has done things like that for me before and I am very grateful for her kindness. She has helped us through a lot and Clancy too.
What they ended up doing was to take a surgical blade of some kind and scraping the surface of the eyeball. I know..................just hurts to think about it!!! Anyway, the concept is to have the whole thing heal at the same rate, instead of just the spot where the ulcer is. So, I am leaving it up to the ones who know, but it sure is scary looking. His eye is all cloudy looking and he doesn't see as well as he did before. But, the cloudiness is part of the healing process and will go away.
The poor dog has to have eye drops and ointment put in his eye four times a day. My dining room table looks like a pharmacy!!! He has pain meds, (three times a day), antibiotics, (four times a day), ointment to help draw water from the eye, (twice a day), pain pills, (three times a day), his regular eye drops, (twice a day) and doggie asprin, (twice a day). They all have to be spaced 5 minutes apart. At least the eye drops do, so I feel like I am giving meds all day long.
Friday, I called them and asked them if it was supposed to be so cloudy and they said yes and it would look worse, before it got better. So, I am just trying hard to be patient and do all I can for him. Ever since this whole eye thing started, I have been told that if I see anything wrong with his eye, get him in to the clinic right away, so now I have to sit here and see something wrong with his eye and not worry. Just have to trust them. They are good at what they do so, ...........!
Here is a picture of his little eye. I feel so bad for him cause it hurts him an awful lot and he has tears even!!!! He is such an awesome little dog, and being so good about all of this. Wish I could let him know that things are going to be better.
Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford





1 comment:
what a poor SPOILED dog :)
Post a Comment