Yesterday was the coolest!!! Well, not weather-wise!!! It was a fun day tho. Norm, Chad Buttars and I went to a "cruise" for Steel Days in American Fork. The whole street was lined with people while the cars passed by, sometimes giving a little show....if you know what I mean. I love cars. It is so neat to see people who have worked long and hard and spent tons of money, enjoying their beautiful cars.
Here is an awesome GTO. The pale green paint job really sets it off, don't you think??? Just look at that nice straight body, with no ripples or nicks. It sounded really good too and was just flawless.
Here is a really nice 55 Chev and my georgeous 64 Malibu. These two cars were so impressive. I loved the wheels on the 64. Right across the street is my friend Gary Godfreys Dodge Dart, that is about as hot as anything I have ever seen. One awesome car.
Here is another picture of Gary's Dodge Dart. That car is really quick and it was really hard for it to go slow enough to be in the cruise. It is built for high end speed and heats up if you go too slow. In fact Gary had to park it a couple of times, to let it cool off. He and his wife live right behind us and we can hear that car start up way over at our house. It is a really sweet car.
Here is another picture of Gary's sweet little Dart, taken just before he came and picked me up and took me for a ride the length of the cruise route. Yup, you heard me!!!!! I got a ride in that!!!!! Now, if you don't think that was a real treat. He got on it a couple of times and it was awesome!!! That thing is so powerful!!! What a blast!!!
I love cars and could go to shows and cruises 24-7. Good pictures really help to show others the fantastic paint jobs and the detailed work that has gone into these cars. I think I rank right up there with Ansel Adams, don't you think??? You can see the cars so clearly.
After the cruise, we went to a fireworks display on the other end of town, high up on a hill where you could see everything. Not a tree, or a power line was in the way. Again, another dazzling display of my photographic talent!!!!
Stupid camera!!!!
It's got to be the camera, not me!!! Just so I would stop crying, Chad said that he would make me a cd of the pictures he took with his big humungo camera. It had a lens about fifty miles long and you needed a crane to carry it!!! Huge, Huge!!! I was trying to get some pictures of this particular car, and kind of followed it with my camera, snapping, snapping, snapping!!! I sat back down and Chad said "I bet I got more pictures than you did!!!" I wanted to slap him. He was right!!! He got a lot more. But of course, one would have been more than I got!!!!
It was an awful fun day tho. Just wish I could show it to you!!!!!
Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.
~Palmer Sondreal





1 comment:
I really think it is time to update and get a new camera. Ours really wasn't that expensive and, I think, it takes good pictures. Look'n good!
Post a Comment