I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Well, I don't know!!!

Yea, Yea, I know!!! I needed to update a long time ago!!!! Things are pretty good with the Lyman Family. Again, in my absence we have had a lot of good things happen. I guess I have just been too wrapped up in my own little world. ( my house is trashed, my sewing room is trashed, the laundry is a mile high, cardiac rehab, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning....I could go on and on). It wasn't until I looked at my daughter in law's blog, and another blog of a friend, and saw how much has happened in their lives, while I was out in la-la land. I love blogging and I love reading my friends blogs. There is no real explanation that I can think of for all of this except that I just "zoned out". Now, I am going to try to "zone in"!!!


While I was "out" our newest little bundle of joy was blessed on Nov. 2nd. This is Theron Scout Lyman. What an amazing experience it was to witness that. He was given a wonderful blessing by his father. Not only was it an amazing day because I was able to witness the power of righteous Priesthood, but my heart was filled with gratitude that my whole family was worthy to attend, and that all of the Priesthood in our family was worthy to be there to participate. As everyone gathered to bless this little one, I thought about the fact that I have a husband, a son, and a son-in-law that are worthy Priesthood holders. How thankful I am. It really was a good day. Family and friends were there and it was wonderful to have so many to give support to Therons parents, brothers and sisters, but to him too!!


The weather has been a little windy and cold lately so Norm has been spending a lot of time trying to keep the lawn "vacuumed". This is what it looked like before he started. We have 29 trees in our yard. They are so pretty this time of year, and we love the privacy they give our back yard in the spring and summer, but they are really a "pain" this time of year. What a mess. One year, before we had a riding mower to suck the leaves up, we raked them all in a pile and let the kids play in them.









Here is another picture after the clean up began...just to show how thick the leaves were.


Then, here is another one two hours later!!!! Those stupid leaves come down like snow where there is the slightest breeze!!! But, oh well, we love them anyway.


I love this time of year. The trees are beautiful, and the grass is green and pretty. The pretty flowers that people plant in their yards are on their way out, but they will be back. It is the beginning of the time of year when you don't see your neighbors anymore because when they get home from work, it is too cold to go out!!! But, I still love the fall season.


Here is what Norm and I woke up to this morning!!!! I love the snow!!!! My daughter hates it, but it is so pretty. Yes, cold, but I just stay in the house and watch it!!!!


Do ya think it may be time to put our deck furniture away??? I think by the time it stopped snowing, there was about three inches!!!! But, it sure was pretty.


Then, last but not least, was that beautiful blue winter sky to finish off the day.


These past couple of weeks have been a time of thought and "re-grouping" for me. I have been so worried about the outcome of the election, and so many other things that seem to have just taken over my life. I looked at those beautiful colors in the trees right in my own back yard and thought how lucky I am. Again, I am not sure why the trees would bring that thought to mind, but maybe it was just "someone" telling me it was time to get out of my "blue funk" and enjoy the many blessings that have been given to me instead of just letting life pass me by.


Yes, friends and family, I am still here, still kicking and gonna keep going.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. John Burroughs


P.S. I forgot to tell you another reason that Sunday, Nov. 2nd was an awesome day..... My oldest grandson, Kurtis Cole Buckley, was able to pass us the Sacrament!!!! He did such a good job. I tried to get him to look at me cause he can't keep a straight face....but, he wouldn't look. We are all very proud of him. He has more on his mind and in his life than most grown ups have and is doing a very good job of dealing with it. He is trying very hard to do the right thing, and I want him to know that I love him and that I am here for him anytime. No questions asked.


P.P.S. I am hoping his mother gets sick of seeing these same old pictures and sends me some new ones. She takes wonderful pictures and has a ton of them, but hogs them all!!!


2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

Well it's about time!! I "stock" your blog everytime I get on the computer. We should switch houses. You can have all your stuff on one floor and roger and I can take car of that huge yard :) I just love your yard. It sure will be great for easter egg hunts :) Love ya

Ty Lyman said...

We need to come and let the kids play again, before the leaves are totally gone. I love this time of year too, more because of all the time we get to spend as family. I love family with all my heart and this cold draws us all closer in :) Love you. Hang in there.