We bought a big screen tv!!!!! Norm and I have never done anything like that before, in 38 years of being married!!!! So, when we got it home, we got some people to help us set it up and have really enjoyed it. Our son and his family didn't know about it, so we decided to have dinner and a movie night last night, and surprise them!!!! Boy, was it ever a surprise!!!! It is not normal for us to do anything like this and our children are still trying to figure out what happened!!!
Anyway, last night, we had burritos, Spanish rice and just before we sat down for the movie (A Night in the Museum) we made a "soda run".
While watching the movie, I looked around and this is what I saw:
There is no cooler sight to see than one's whole family gathered together in one place. Even if did have to bribe them with a big tv....we were all together. All of the grandkids and all of the kids....in-laws and out-laws!!!!
There were times when something like this would have totally driven me nuts, but, it was a real treasure to have them all here and making themselves at home. The kids were wonderful and the adults were awesome as usual. When it came time for everyone to leave, it was sad but I am hoping we can do it again....real soon. I will even cook again!
Norm and I have seen a lot of changes since he has been ill. As most of you know, we nearly lost him about four times during his nine week stay in the hospital. Priorities change and all of us, seem to see things in a different light. How wonderful family is and how blessed we are to have them all. Each and every one of them.
Thank you to Roger, Christy and Katie for helping us to set it up and thank you to Jake, Ty, Kurtis, Austin, EmberLee, Bridger and little Theron, for coming to enjoy it with us. I love you all!!!! Thank you for all of your support during these past 10 months. Dad and I never could have done it without any of you.
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.





2 comments:
that sure was fun!! It is nice to be around family. Thanks for having us over.
Looks like you had a great time together with your family. Hey check out my blog....
Post a Comment