
Wednesday, Roger, Christy, Katie, Norm and I had the most awesome experience. We went up to Salt Lake to an exhibit of Body Worlds. It was the neatest thing I have seen in a long time. Amazing!!!!
They had bodies that had been donated to science that had been "plasticised" (sp?) by a method that was developed by a doctor in Germany. It takes about a year to do, and it preserves the body in near perfect condition.
We were able to learn a lot about Norms condition and the surgeries that were done. We were able to see the ravages of smoking, eating fatty foods, obesity, and on and on and on. There was a display of babies from 1 week to 31 weeks. I will admit that part was a bit disturbing to me. But, all in all, I was totally impressed. If for no other reason, I was able to see just where the valve was that Norm had replaced, how they did stints (he has four), and just lots of information about the heart, and how it functions. Did you know that it is a fact that a person can actually die from a broken heart??? I had no idea, although I feel like mine has been pretty close from time to time!!!
You could see the skeletal structure, nerves, muscles and how they all work!!!
It is so sad that I didn't go a while back. The exhibit has been at The Leonardo, in Salt Lake for a couple of weeks. Tomorrow is the last day and it is open until 10:30. I would highly recommend seeing it if you ever get the opportunity.
What wonders these bodies of ours are!!! What gifts!!!
This world, after all our science and sciences, is still a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more, to whosoever will think of it.





1 comment:
I'm totally jealous. That is one thing that Jake and I wanted to go to sooo bad this past year, but owe well. Money does truely controll our lives.
Post a Comment