The weather couldn't have been better. It was a little chilly, but not bad at all and in the sun, it was perfect!!! The kids had a lot of fun, and we had tons of fun watching them!!!
Here is Cindy (Rogers sister) and mother of Paisley and Daphne. (You can tell Roger was taking the pictures!)
Here we have Aunt Lurain, and Aunt Jean, watching all of the fun and games!
Aunt Cathy counting eggs!!!
The "bull session"!!!
It was wonderful having people I love here at my home and enjoying one another. Rogers family are wonderful and an important part of our lives. We hope always to be close to them. Who do you think taught us to shoot down our Christmas trees with a shotgun????
We really did have a good time. These times don't come too often, but in spite of the love and laughter that we all enjoyed, there was something missing. I think my family felt it, and it is still very tender to me, and that is my son and his family. I missed them so much. They could not be here because our own little Theron has been very sick and a couple of days we thought he was going to have to be admitted to the hospital.
Theron and his family stayed home and had Easter dinner at their house so that the baby didn't have to go out. They talked about the reason we celebrate Easter and had a lesson, then had a small egg hunt and dinner!!!
The baby has been so very sick for such a long time, and I know that it has been difficult for his family to deal with, because he really has been very ill. It was a scarey time for all, especially his parents who have done so much for him and had so many sleepless nights and late night trips to the ER.
I just want to tell my son, Ty, Kurtis, Austin, EmberLee, Bridger and Theron, how much they were missed here on Easter Sunday, and how much I love them all. Sometimes, I don't think I tell them often enough, how much I love them. They were missed on Sunday, and all noticed it!!! There was a space there, in our celebration, that no one could have filled except them. Theron will be better soon and can go out. We will have a big party and the whole family will be there!!!! I can't say how much it means to me to be able to be around my children, and grandchildren. They are all precious gifts, along with good friends, and family!!!!
Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future. We make discoveries about ourselves.--Gail Lumet Buckley





1 comment:
We wished so much to be around family too on Easter. It was a lonely Easter. Good food still with the help of some grateful Grandma and Grandpa, if it wasn't for them, we would have had just something simple Like a ham and stuff :)REALLY, it was awesome Dinner. Thanks. We did miss being there. Thanks for the concern and help you've offered while Theron's been sick.
Post a Comment