Thanks for the memories.

I am sad to post the passing of Norms brother Kurt. He has had a long struggle with cancer which ended Christmas Eve at 11:10. He passed away at his home with his children, Kurt, Todd, Linda and Barbara (Barbie), their spouses, and most of his grandchildren,and siblings around him. There was one son Mark, who was not able to arrive until Christmas Day, with his family. Our prayers and concern are with him as he was not able to be with all of us to say good bye.
I wish Kurt well and pray that he knows how much he is loved. It sounds a little odd to say, but we are glad he is not suffering anymore, and is now "skipping in the meadow" as was once his dream!
He is free of pain and the trials that he endured while fighting this horrible disease but will be missed by all who know him. He married a wonderful woman, Linda, about five years ago, it was evident to all, how devoted she was to him and how much they loved each other. I pray also, that she may know how much we love and support her. She was so good for "Uncle Kurt" and was the perfect person for him to be with.
Yesterday, as we were all at his home to be with him, Linda and those of Kurts children plus their siblings and their children, there was a steady stream of people who's lives were effected by Kurts generosity and his gentleness, to wish Linda well, and tell Kurt good bye. Lots of tears she, but much love evident. A "gentle giant" in stature, heart, might, mind and spirit.
We love you!
"We are all of us, from birth to death guests at a table we did not spread. The sun, the earth, love, friends, family and our very breath, are all parts of this banquet."





1 comment:
Thank you again, for that. Kurt was certainly a "gentle giant" He had a love for people that was evident. I do want to make one correction though. Uncle Kurt and Linda have been married for 7 1/2 years. They were newly weds when Jake and I got married. They've known each other longer I'm sure though.
My heart is definitely with Everyone, but especially Linda. I hope that she got that sweet goodbye with her sweet companion.
We will all miss Kurt. He was a very NEAT person. I wish we could be there. It breaks my heart to know we can't be. But the most important thing is...if we can live right, we all can see him again.
He will be remembered
Post a Comment