What an interesting day!!! Norm had speech and physical therapy today and did very well. The physical therapist wants to get him to not use his walker and wanted to know if that was alright with us!!! No, now we really want him to stay with that walker!!! He was just wanting to know if we were up to it I think and that if we wanted to work hard, but it just sounded funny. Yes, yes, yes...we would love nothing better than to burn that walker!!!! It has made life a lot easier for Norm but it can't go soon enough for either of us.
Speech was good. Norm is doing well. I think his memory and recall are much better than anyone thought they would be. They are working on his memory, and I could have told them that he has "selective" memory!!!! Especially when I tell him that he said I could go to the craft store!!!! Seriously tho, he really is doing fabulous. Everyone seems really pleased. The people there really seem to care, and it is running joke there, that they don't want to see us there again. Meeting in the store or something like that is fine, but they don't want us to "darken their doors". They really are all for getting people home and back to as functional life as possible. There are none of them that don't love what they do and work really hard. I miss them.
We generally get out of rehab about lunch time, so Norm decided he wanted a bowl of chili and a hamburger....so we did. Now, that is really good for someone who is diabetic and working on some heart issues, but it sure was good. We can't do that for another 10 years.
When we came home, we found our wonderful neighbor mowing our lawn. He is awesome and so is the whole family. They take care of us. I hope someday, that we can repay them.
I don't know why, but we have both been very tired today, so we decided that we were going to be early. Well, Norm was up using the bathroom and the toilet ran over!!!!! Water down in the laundry room!!!! Oh well. It was a good thing I am way behind with the laundry because I had tons of dirty towels to mop up the mess. Now, there are wet towels in the bathroom and in the laundry room, but I don't care.....I am going to bed anyway!!!!! I am going to get up tomorrow and do my best "Miss Suzy Homemaker" impression and try to make some order out of my trashed house!!! Maybe I will even find my way to my sewing machine. I have grandchildren that need summer clothes. Gonna try to get our sprinklers going too so that my lawn can be the proper shade of green, rather than brown!!!!!!!
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Good night John-Boy!!!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment