Gosh, we are not supposed to water our lawns on Sunday because that is the day the city is supposed to use the water!! So, I tried to water the lawn about 9:00 p.m. tonight. It was dark!!!! Do you know what happens when you try to adjust the sprinklers in the dark and you don't know which way they are going????? Yup, you got it....go change your 'jammers!!!! I got it bad!!! It was cold too. It's a good thing Norm was in bed, cause I would never hear the end of it. Needless to say, the lawn didn't get watered tonight, but I don't have to take a shower before church tomorrow!!!!!
Norm and I had an "adventure" today. First of all, we went to Big Lots because there was a patio set there that I thought Norm would like for our deck. It was really nice and a wonderful price.....so, we went to see it. You guessed it.......GONE!!!! I was trying to be a good wife and talk to my husband first, but I will not do that again. It was beautiful and just what we needed, but noooooooooooooo, I had to try to do the right thing!!!! Nope, nope, nope....not again. I was so bummed cause we really wanted more places for people to sit out on the deck, and this would have been perfect and like I said, a great price, but I flat out missed it!!!! Rats!!!!
Then, after I missed the sale of the century, we went to Wal Mart!!!! On a Saturday, no less. Now, do you think that was stupid, or what???? I thought it would be pretty cool to get Norm one of those little "putt-putt chairs" and he could just move right along!!! Yea, right....maybe you could get to the end of the isle after you have mowed a few people over!!!! Maybe a cattle prod would help!!!! Norm had fun tho...at least for a while, then he got pretty tired and his blood sugar got a little low, so we had to make a dive for the orange juice. But, we got 'er done!!! I returned my toilet seat that didn't fit, got refunded for a sprinkler I didn't buy, and bought milk, week killer and Wheat Thins!!!! Boy howdy!!! That was thrilling!!!!
I think Norm would like to go back to the hospital so he can eat. My cooking really stinks and I think he would rather eat pureed cod!! (yes, they really did bring that to him once, along with pureed zuchinni) I am trying to learn how to cook healthy and it isn't working. No salt, no fat, no dark veggies, no nothing!!!! What is wrong with a good old casserole with sour cream and butter and whatever else you want to put in it. Real good for the heart!!! Guess we are stuck with Grape Nuts for the rest of our lives. My poor husband has been through so much in the hospital, and now I bring him home and do him in with my cooking!!!! No wonder his appetite has gone down a bit!!!!
We went for a walk today and it was so nice out there that when we came home from our walk, we hung out on the deck. I never did get to try to play "Little Miss Suzy Homemaker" and actually do some work. Totally forgot about my big ideas of making some summer clothes for my grandaughters. There's always flour sacks!!!! Oh well. Norm and I just seem to do a lot of talking and I get very little else done. Maybe when I am knee deep in "stuff", I will stop talking and start cleaning!!!! I am almost to that point now!!!
Really, it was such a pretty day, and so hard to make myself do anything except just enjoy the sunshine and clear sky. We love our deck!!!! It is nothing fancy, just a deck with some worn out and sun-bleached deck funiture, but it's comfy.
Norm gets pretty tired, pretty early. I spend a lot of time telling him that he has every reason in the world, to be tired. It makes me feel bad that he can't see the huge improvements he has made since he has been home. He is so much better than even two days ago. So much of it is due to being able to move around and get his body working again. The physical therapist that is working with Norm wants him to have a goal to be able to walk for five minutes without stopping. I am not sure if he means with, or without a walker, but, at least it is a starting point. The end result is hopefully, to end up in cardiac rehab. Last time he did that, it was so good for him, and to help condition his heart, and body, while being monitored. He learned a lot. But, this time he needs a little bit more rehab before he is ready to go into the cardiac end of things.
My mind is just contstantly full of the tons of stuff we have learned, the medicines, the technology, the fragileness of our health but yet the strength of our bodies and what they are able to withstand and deal with, the doctors, the nurses, the need for awareness of things that are harmful....the need to be simply aware and on top of the different treatments...tons of stuff. Sometimes I just don't know how to put it all in order and use what we have learned. Boy I will tell you that it is all different when you are home without all of the guidance and counsel from the nurses and staff. I think I have said something before about how many different kinds of doctors Norm had, and still does. Remember when there used to be just one doctor for everything, and some of them even made house calls???? I remember when I got sick and had to have my appedics (sp?) out. The doctor came to our house!!!! Norm has pulmonologists, dieticians, diabetes management, cardiologists, heart surgeons, the guys that put in the pacemaker, the guys in the cath lab, ex-ray guys, respiratory therapists, kidney doctors, you name it!!! Now, there are just the two of us and I am supposed to fill all of those shoes!!!!! Is that scary or what??? He is still breathing after almost two weeks at home, so, I guess that is a plus!!!!! We must be learning something.
All is well on the western front and we are gettin' the job done!!! Little baby steps, but like I said before, they are headed in the right direction!!! We are going to go to church tomorrow. That will be nice. Haven't been there in over two months.
Whoa....it is 18 minutes into Mothers Day!!! Have a good one. I am going to bed!!!!
"Don't tell God how big your storm is. Tell your storm how big your God is!!!!"
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Way funny. I'm glad that you so much accomplished last night around 9 :) That made me laugh pretty good. Happy Mothers Day. We love you guys
Post a Comment