Who says there is no such thing as miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(you're lookin' at one)
Norm is really doing well. As you can see he is making huge leaps toward recovery. He still gets tired, which is totally to be expected, he still has a little bit of memory issues, but it is almost totally in his short term memory...when you tell him something, a couple of seconds later, he will ask you again....but that is only once in a while. He remembers where every single thing is in his shop, he knows how to do the checkbook, do laundry, load the dishwasher and unfortunately, he knows how much money he had in his wallet when he gave it to me before surgery!!!!! I'm still payin' for that one!!!
Again, Norm supervised. That is about the only times he uses his nifty-neato walker now, is just a place to sit. He can't stand a whole lot, but that's o.k.
Our neighbor just loves my little four legged best friend...so, after he got the ground all smoothed out, he couldn't resisit the opportunity to have Clancy "get the critter"!!!!
Can I get some more???? Let me get 'em!!!!
Clancy is good for a ton of laughs and a heck of a lot of company!!! Christy hates him but I don't care. He annoys the heck out of my grand kids, but tough noonies!!!!! He's my buddy!!!!
All is well. Everyday brings a new adventure and it is wonderful to be moving forward. Norms heart is still in sinus rhythm. So, today should make it almost three weeks. That is something we haven't seen in years. It's possible that the maze procedure could now be healed enough to take care of the irregular heartbeat, it could be that the amioderone he is taking is helping and that the pacemaker has finally been able to take over. It is a "paced" rhythm, but at least it is the right one. No matter what is the answer, the overriding one is that there have been a ton of people praying for him and that is what has brought it all together. I believe that. Thank you all!!!
I wish I could begin to thank all those who have done so much. I wouldn't be able to list it all, or mention everyone, the list is so huge. It is overwhelming to think about, for me anyway, that so many would be willing to give of their time, and love, to do so many things for us. Both Norm and I spend a lot of time trying to think of how we will ever begin to repay them. If they only knew how much it means to us.
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light. Give thanks for your life and strength.Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. And if perchance you see no reason for giving thanks, rest assured the fault is in yourself.
~~~Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Indian Chief





2 comments:
EmberLee saw the pics of Norm mowing and said "awww, grandpa is a naughty grandpa, he's not suppose to mow, he has oxygen" She loved the picture of clancy and his "broken eye" that's what she called it. It truely is a miracle to see him with his memory :) I'm glad I refused lunch on the day of his surgery. It was me being the money spender :) I'm greatful everyday that he is where he is. I don't know where I would have even began to explain to the kids that they didn't have a grandpa here on earth anymore, EmberLee would have been completely devistated. I'm so greatful for what a fighter he is. I love him more today for what I was able to experience through this horrible ordeal. It's great now though. I am greatful everyday to have a father-in-law that is still kick'n :) Love you guys
He is looking good! I'm happy for you and your family. He truly is a miracle.
Post a Comment