I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day of Rest is Rigiht!!!!

Well, it was a wonderful Sunday. We went to church and did absolutely nothing the rest of the day. The day went so fast, but the reason for that is because we both slept late. Neither one of us is sleeping very well lately, so it caught up with us I guess.

Church was nice today. Norm thought he could make it through without oxygen but ended up needing it for just a little bit. It was nice to be there, even if he did need it. Church is kind of like a boost for the week. Guess that sounds funny, but it is.

Tomorrow, we go to work!! Planting, weeding, all kinds of domestic things. Every other day of the week we have something going on, but at least we have some time during those days. Speech is at 11, so it really messes up the day, but the evenings are still there. We will do whatever!!!! We get to watch Katie on Wed. and that is always great, but, we are assured of getting nothing done that day, cause we play with her all day!!!! She's so fun.

I came home yesterday and Katlin, a young lady that lives across the street, said "Frances, I weeded for you!!!!" I looked at where she was pointing and she had weeded my flowerbed that I am going to plant tomorrow!!!! How nice was that. I coulda' hugged her. She is kind of the neighborhood gypsy!!! All summer long you see her long red hair running from one of the end of the street to the other, visiting with people, playing with the kids or her dogs and cats. She is on the go all of the time, and is a very happy young lady!!!! Thank you Kaitlin!!!!

My kids didn't call today. Not that they have to, and I certainly could have called them. It is not like I am complaining....I just miss them. All of our church times are different, so, it kinda messes up things for us to talk much on Sunday. I am going to have to get a dinner together now that the weather is better and the kids can play outside. They rarely get to come over anymore and we really miss that time with them. I would love to have a big, huge house and we could all live in it. I am sure that would not appeal at all, to them, but I sure would like to have them around more. See, I am a really bad empty-nester!!!!! Guess I will have to snag my grandkids more often. Having a sleep-over with a four year old is really interesting. Especially when she sleeps with you and the dog. A king-sized bed is not big enough!!!!!

I finally got in touch with my brother tonight and it seems he is dealing with some health isssues too. Last time I talked to him he could barely talk. It seems he connected with an allergy of some sort, or a virus or something....at any rate it affected his vocal cords. He said that his throat wasn't sore at all, nothing hurt, he just couldn't talk. He had to whisper. Since then, he has been to an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist and was told that his left vocal cord is paralyzed. Nice huh???? The doctor said that it could be a virus, or issues with a possible allergy, or, it could be a tumor. That certainly was not anything I wanted to hear. Neither did he. Of course, if it is a tumor, it dosen't mean it is cancer, but it still is scary.

I am learning faith. I really am, but sometimes I forget that things are not in my hands. Sometimes I feel like I have something written across my forehead that says " OK, stick it to me....I'm ready!!!". Well, I'm not. Nothing needs to go wrong with anyone anymore. I think Norm hit it for everyone so people can just stay safe and healthy. I have a brother in law that has cancer.....I swear.....this can stop anytime now!!!! But, really , I remember where my mind and heart are supposed to be and He loves me anyway!!!!! How lucky we are.


A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
~Irish Blessing

2 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

sorry we didn't call. Having the day off made it so easy to get the heck out of dodge. With 4 is interesting we're going to be totally crazy with 5. We still love you. You can take kids WHENVER you want :) You don't have to beg me :) I love you, you're so sincere. Hang in there. Your doing fabulous from the outside

Lowe Family said...

I THOUGHT ABOUT CALLING YOU SUNDAY BUT ONE THING AFTER THE OTHER HAPPENED...NOT BAD, WE MEET OUR HOME TEACHERS AND HAD CINDY OVER FOR DINNER. IT WAS FUN! LOVE YOU!