Thursday is usually the day we don't have anything to do, (well, I shouldn't say that!!!), but we don't have any appointments or places to go. Lots of times, we just end up talking till it is just too late. But, that's alright. I don't see anything wrong with one day that you can just "veg". On Mon.,Wed.,Fri., we have Cardiac Rehab. Then on Tues., and Fri., we have speech. This week we have two doctor appointments also....so, we don't have a "veg" day.
Well, Norm drove down to Provo, to Speech Therapy. I can't tell you that I wasn't very nervous. My daughter said that she didn't know if it would be better to go on State Street, (down through town) or, the freeway. I told her that I would rather get in a wreck on State Street, than on the freeway!!!! But, I hate to admit it, but Norm did really well. There was only one time when I had to remind him which two lines the car was supposed to be between!!!!
It tired him out to drive tho, cause when we got done with speech, he said that he would rather I drive. I'm thinking he was pretty nervous, but just wasn't saying so.
I had to go "rat him out" to Dr. Mitchell Friday. He just doesn't understand why he cannot do stuff. He had made up his mind that he was going to go weld our back gate that broke a couple of days ago, and.........he wants to roto-till the weeds down in the garden. For a week I have been trying to tell him that I didn't think it was such a wise idea, but noooooooooooooooo!!!!!! So, when Norm was in Speech, I went down to the surgery to see if I could say hi to Jake and maybe he could ask Dr. Mitchell about roto-tilling. It just so happened that Jake was able to come out of the room that he was in and say hi. I asked him if he was going to be seeing Dr. Mitchell and he said "I can. Why???" So, I told him about my concerns and he said that he would ask. I left thinking Jake would call me after Dr. Mitchell was out of surgery. After walking a couple of feet down the hall and I heard a familiar voice say "Mom". It was Jake and he had poked his head into the room where Dr. Mitchell was operating and asked. He said that the doctor said "NO!" So, that was that!!!!! I hear no more about welding or roto-tilling!
Friday was Speech, and Cardiac Rehab. In between that, Christy met us and we went out to lunch. After Cardiac Rehab, we went down to see a friend of mine who had her knee replaced on Wed. When we got home, we were tired, so we had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and crashed!!!!
Today, was interesting.....I went to Orem to pick up my grandson, and on the way back, went to Macy's cause I needed some things for a salad I was bringing to a ward party. When I got home, Christy was here with Katie and she was all dressed up in her outfit Christy made for a baby
contest she had been in earlier.
Then Norms sister and her husband came and visited for a while, then we went to a ward party, then we came home and I cleaned my front room cause there is going to be a meeting tomorrow here at our house. I didn't want anyone to have to wade through the dust and dog hair!!!! So, now I am done with the day!!!!
I have peppers!!!!
and I have tomatoes!!!!
And I have baby rasberries!!!!!
and a bloom on my pumpkin!!!!
And a bumper crop of weeds!!!!
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown





1 comment:
And you were worried about your garden!! I wonder if you can can weeds?
Post a Comment