
Meet what is probably our very best friends ever. This is Rich and Sally Spoon and we have known them for about 17 years.
When we lived in Middletown, Rich, Sally, Norm and I did everything together. We would go somewhere together and talk and laugh for hours.
They were here to visit their daughter who lives in West Valley this last week and spent a couple of hours with us. How wonderful it was to see them but I realized how very much I miss them. And, how much I miss California, and our "home" ward, You can't be in a ward for 13 years and not have the people become a permanent part of your heart. A big part.
Sally and Rich told us about everyone in the ward and how they all are. It made me so homesick. I love Utah. We have been here for about five years, and have met people that will forever be a part of our hearts, and our kids and grandkids are here. It would kill me to have to leave them. But, I sure do miss my friends. Sally and Rich are the best. They have so many trials and are stronger than anyone I know. If you didn't know them, you could never tell that their lives are one constant, big struggle. I love them so much and would love to have a house big enough so we could all live in it together. I would never get tired of being around them, but I am not sure if they feel the same way!!!!
Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow





1 comment:
Isn't it so wonderful to have such good friends to be there for us when we need them! The good thing is that with the technology we have now, we can still stay connected to friends even in different states!
Your post last week about Jim and your experience with Norm's rehab was very sweet. I appreciate your kind words! There are so many good people in the world! I know it also helps to have nice people to work with (you guys).
Post a Comment