I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Monday, July 28, 2008

Well, one of these days!!!!

One of these days things will be normal, whatever normal is. I don't know what has happened the last few days but it seems like a whirlwind. Don't know where it went!!


We have had to take my little buddy Clancy back up to Salt Lake to his Eye Doctor three more times!!! The ulcer on his eye is getting deeper and is becoming quite a serious issue. I am not sure what the outcome will be, but I pray that after all is said and done, I will have my happy, bouncy little friend back. He is so sad, and tired of hurting.


Today when we took him in, they changed his meds all around and they did something else that I had not ever heard of. They drew some blood and spun it in a centrifuge to make serum and that is one of the things I am putting in his eye. It is a ton of work, cause I have to do it every two hours, during waking hours, but if it helps, it will be worth it. I only have to do it for two more days, so that is not so bad. They put him on some big-time oral antibiotics and then we had to go to Costco and get some antibiotic eye drops. I tell you, that little dog is a money pit. But, an awful cute one!!!! He has been a good friend for a long time....so, I need to do what I can for him.

We had the best cucumber the day before yesterday!!!! I didn't expect any yet, as we were so late with our garden, but I just happened to find it. It was so good. We just like them sliced with salad dressing. Then, when we get some tomatoes, we just make a salad with them and cukes. It is so good. Next year our garden will hopefully get started earlier and we will have more of a growing season. Norm and I had such fun canning last year and want to so more next year. This year, we are just going to have to take what we can get!!!


I am just dying to get back into my sewing room. My brand new sewing machine has been used very little. I have so many projects I want to do, and no time!!! Christy and I went to a fabric store a couple of days ago, and I found out how to make some really cute table runners, and I want to make some Christmas gifts too. And then there is the small matter of the fact that I need clothes!!! Might be nice to have something to wear. I need to make Ember and Katie some things too. Do ya think I have enough to do???? Also, I need to take the sewing classes over, that are available through the place where I got my machine. I learned a lot from them before, but had to stop when Norm had his surgery.
Cardiac Rehab is going well, except Norm is getting in trouble because he doesn't walk on the days we are off. Chad is getting frustrated with him and says that if he doesn't start walking, he is going to have us come five days a week instead of three!!!
Norm is on the treadmill now for 30 minutes at a time!!! He rests once and still uses his oxygen, but he is doing really well. Then, he is still lifting his weights and spends 30 minutes on the bike. His recovery time for his oxygen level is getting shorter all of the time, so that is a real plus. Maybe soon, he won't need oxygen from a bottle!!! He will probably have to use it when he sleeps for a while, or maybe forever, but we can live with that.
His diabetes seem under control too. Things are looking up. Of course, things have been going steadily upwards for a while now, and we are not complaining at all!!! He can move around so much more and do more outside. He even walked by himself a couple of times. I like to go, and usually do, but once he went by himself. Thank goodness for that phone our good neighbors lent us cause when he is alone, anywhere, I can call.
So, all in all, things are good. I can't complain. Hopefully, my little four-legged friend will recover soon and then things will even be better.
Tomorrow we get to have Katie!!! That always is fun. We have to take her up to Salt Lake with us tomorrow when we take Clancy in and it makes me nervous to take her so far. Christy always leaves me with the car seat, but I just don't like to take her too far. She's really good tho, and likes to ride in the car. Guess we'll find out how it goes.
So, again, all is well. Just busy!!!!
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~Irish Blessing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I'm just so grateful I was able to meet you and your family...I truly feel blessed! I agree...there is something we shared in that ICU waiting room that was truly special. Miracles are real...it's just in Heavenly Father's time. Thank you for reminding me of that!

Sure love ya,

Michelle