I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Hoppy Frog Review!!!!!


Is this not the cutest swimming pool you have ever seen???? Hoppy Frog!!! I love it!!! We are going to be watching Katie some this next month and she just loves it outside so Norm and I decided to look for just a plain little pool for her. Yea.........look what we found!!!! There was one there that was made like a rainbow with a little star on it but this one is much cuter!!!! At least I think so. Norm kind of turned his nose up, but too bad!!!!





Now here is something that even makes it cuter!!!!!! She wasn't too nuts about it when I put her in it but she ended up having a lot of fun! She kept looking up at those wild looking eyes.



We set the pool up early in the day and I put about four inches of water in it and let it sit in the sun. It got nice and warm by the time we were ready to get her in it. Didn't take long to cool off but by then she was ready to get out.


I think Grandma and Grandpa had more fun watching her than she had playing!!!!




But, while I was playing with Katie, here was Norm thinning out his radishes and pulling weeds!!! Tough job huh????

It was a pretty fun day. Norm and I had fun with Katie and spent some time outside. It was hot, but fun. We have so much gardening to do, but we just took some time off from it except for some that Norm did. It was nice to just play.


Norm really is getting better every day. I know I keep saying that, but he really does. Today we went to his new doctor today. We saw her two weeks ago and she wanted us to come back in a week this week. Today was it. The first thing she said when she walked in the exam room door was that he looked much better than last week. Honestly, I can see a difference from day to day.

He has been working on the lawn mower for a couple of days now. When Katie was here on Tuesday, he gave her a ride on the lawn mower after he was done mowing. He pulled the mower up in the shade so he could rest a minute. He went to start it again, and it wouldn't start. It wouldn't even turn over. We went to Wal Mart that night and got some fuses, cause he looked at it and found out that one was blown, but, when he put the new one in and tried to start it, it blew the new fuse. He says there is a "dead short" in it. Then, he thought he found a place where some of the wiring was rubbing on the frame and could have been arching. No, that wasn't it either. So, I don't know what is next but, I sure hope he gets it fixed before we have to mow again!!!


One good thing about it tho, is that it has gotten him out and gotten his mind off stuff. The bad part is that he gets upset about the fact that the problem is hard to find, and just kind of over-worries about it. Always before, he would "tinker" with something long enough and would always find the problem and fix it. I have total confidence that he will this time, but it is kind of sad to see him get so upset. When he gets upset like that, he has to use his oxygen, but I think it is all a matter of learning. We all have so much of that to do, and it just so happens that Norm has a little more than most, right now. But, it will happen. Just another small bump in the road.

Every once in a while, he will look at his arms and say "I'm getting some of it back!" I think he is too!!!! Every once in a while, I think back to the time that he had to be re-trained how to swallow. There has been a considerable amount of change since then. Everyone here in the neighborhood calls him a "miracle, several times over!!!!" That's the truth.
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


2 comments:

Virginia said...

I LOVE the frog pool!! Too much fun.

Norm will figure out the lawn mower. I am glad things are getting better and better each day!

Virginia said...

I LOVE the frog pool!! Too much fun.

Norm will figure out the lawn mower. I am glad things are getting better and better each day!