On the 17th, our sweet little Katie had her first birthday. This year sure has gone by fast. I can't It scares me, in a way, to see these little ones grow up so very fast. I think a lot too, about the fact that we sure are lucky that Grandpa is here to enjoy these happy times.
For a while, I didn't care to be called Grandma, but now, I couldn't be prouder. I love these kids and wouldn't trade them. Not a one!!!
Then, there is our
Bridger, who is a crazy man!!!! I am not sure how he is going to do with none of his brothers and sisters home, for a couple of hours during the day, but hopefully he will nap some so mom can nap. I think they are both going to have to find something to do now that everyone but the two of them are gone!!!! Enjoy Ty!!
Bridger, who is a crazy man!!!! I am not sure how he is going to do with none of his brothers and sisters home, for a couple of hours during the day, but hopefully he will nap some so mom can nap. I think they are both going to have to find something to do now that everyone but the two of them are gone!!!! Enjoy Ty!!
Last but not least is our new little addition, to be born any day. All is well with him and we eagerly await his arrival. His mother is pretty anxious too, as she is very tired, but off of bed rest, finally. This little one has been trying to come for about a month now, and the doctor wanted him to stay right where he was for as long as we could get him to, but, now, it is alright if he decides to come. Now, he probably won't want to. Norm continues to do well. The last week or so, he has been really tired so we went in for an EKG. All is well and he is still in regular sinus rhythm. Boy, was that ever a relief.
There are only four visits to Cardiac Rehab left, that Medicare will cover but Chad (the rehab guru) is going to check and see if Dr. Walker will order some more visits and then check to see if we can get them covered by Medicare. If not, we can't do it, because it is so expensive.
We got the copy of the bill that the hospital sent to our insurance...for the two weeks Norm was in Rehab. My word, it was $60,000.00!!!! Can you believe that???? I don't know how people do it, that don't have any insurance! We are so fortunate.
I am doing better than I was a while ago. Guess I was having a bit of a pity-party. Sometimes it just gets to me, all that there is to do, and I don't get to play, at all. I feel guilty just thinking about doing something fun, when there are so many weeds and such dirty floors, and dishes in the sink and clothes in the dirty clothes basket. It is working out tho, and I am getting some stuff done...just haven't figured out quite how to get the playing into the picture yet!!!! My sewing machine is brand new and I haven't touched it in 6 months, so I think I better figure something out pretty soon. Christmas is right around the corner and I have about 13 pairs of pajama bottoms to make!!!!
The garden is pretty sad this year. I don't know what is wrong, but we aren't getting any tomatoes. We have been waiting a whole year for them and they are just not coming. Norm was so sick when it came time to put the garden in, that we were pretty late doing it and I think that is what the problem is. Although, I have heard from a lot of people, that the tomatoes are not doing well. Maybe it isn't me!!!
I am getting a lot of cucumbers. At least I was...they have slowed down a lot in the last several days. A while back, I went out to pick after a couple of days and got three plastic shopping bags full. So, I put them in the baby stroller and went up and down the street giving cucumbers to anyone who would take them!!!! It didn't take to long to get rid of them. They are really good.
Get a load of these hot peppers!!!! I have no idea what kind they are. Not what I thought I was getting tho!!!
We are not getting tomatoes for salsa, so couldn't decide what to do with all of these things. Last Thursday morning, I decided to chop them up and dehydrate them. Not thinking they were going to be hot, I didn't use gloves!!!! Not smart!!! My hands burned for two days!!!! But, I think they will be good in soup and stuff during winter.
to witness the marriage of one of Norms nieces to her husband and then their children were sealed to them. How awesome that was. It was a beautiful temple and a beautiful ceremony. It was wonderful to see two people finally get a grasp on the temple and to know that this is finally an eternal family!!!! We are still trying to save our Clancy's sight. He is getting a little better, and the veterinarian still holds out hope, so, I am in for the long haul if the end result will be that he can see again. I think he can see more than he could a week ago, but still not well. He is so lost. I feel really bad for him. But, we still hope we can reverse this and he can play once again.
So, all in all, life is good. Things are good, and continue to improve all of the time. I am so grateful to live in this free land and to enjoy the many blessings that we have each and every day. How much better can it get???? (Chocolate cheesecake maybe, but, I have had some of that too, so, I guess I have had it all!!!)
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.
~Martin H. Fischer






2 comments:
It's so crazy to see all of these cute kids grow. It's happening so fast
well it's good to have you back!! I always love your posts even if they take you a while to do! Everyone is getting so big!
Post a Comment