I have been giving some cucumbers to my neighbors and noticed that the vines were not producing as well as they had been. So, I had to tell my friends that I had no cucumbers right now. I left them alone for a couple of days because I thought maybe the few that were still on the vines would grow enough so that I could give them each at least one. I went out to pick yesterday and this is what I got!!!!!!!!!
My son loves dill pickles so I thought I would put one in a jar and pickle it for him, but I don't know of a jar big enough!!!! No Miracle Grow for these guys!!!!
My neighbors will love me today!!!! If I can't get rid of them, I am going to go up and down the street and stuff them in mailboxes!!!! Can you believe this????
Chad, our neighbor came over and helped Norm cut a branch out of one of our trees, because it was hanging too low, and guess who has been working on cutting it up and putting it away!!!
YUP, you guessed it!!!!!! 
Every day I look at him and think that just 6 months ago, he was near death a number of times. Actually, his surgery was Feb. 26, so that was 6 months, 13 days, and five hours ago!!! He has come a long way and is still going. He gets tired awful easy, but it is no wonder!!!!!
We are going to make an appointment with his doctor and ask for a referral to a pulmonologist to try to find out the reason for all of the coughing and junk in his lungs and throat. Hopefully we will get some answers because he has dealt with this problem since he has been out of the hospital, and that was April 29th.
Nothing else much has happened. No baby yet!!! Ty and Jake called me on Friday night and said to keep my phone handy, but, no luck. Any day now!!!! We are all on baby watch!!!!
I was talking to Christy on the phone yesterday, and she said that Katie threw her first fit!!! Now, can you imagine this sweet little one throwing a fit???? Christy must have been wrong, because I just can't imagine it!!!! She would never do that!!!!!
It is amazing to me, that she is a year old now. She is starting to walk, but not too much. She still crawls but it is good for her. I am told that crawling is good for hand-eye coordination and helps with reading. I am not sure how it helps with reading but I guess there has been research done on it and that is what they have come up with. So, the longer she crawls, (within reason), the better it is. Better for her mom and dad too, cause when she starts to really walk, she is going to be a terror!!!! But, a sweet one!!! We love you Katie!!!!
Our Christmas picture this year, is going to have a couple of additions!!!! How exciting.
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
~~~~~ Mother Teresa, Catholic Nun, Missionary, Nobel Peace Prize Recipient





3 comments:
I'm glad you're back! You have precious, beautiful grandchildren. I wish I was your neighbor so I could find your yummy cucumbers in my mailbox!
Hi!!! We haven't talked to you guys for so long! You guys look like you're doing great! We really miss seeing you guys and seeing all the improvements Norm is making. We think about you two all the time, and hope everything is well. We love you guys!!
IT'S TIME TO UPDATE!!!
Post a Comment