I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who is this????


Who is this guy all dressed up in a brand new Sunday suit and tie???? Don't look at the messy house, just the guy in the suit!!!!

We are going to have to get Norm all new clothes!!! Naturally, we won't be able to do it all at once, but nothing fits him. We had to get a new white shirt too, and he has lost one whole shirt size!!! And still loosing!!! Makes me sick!!!! His old clothes just hang on him and he said the other suit just felt like a big bag!!!! His sister Lurain bought him a shirt the other day and it was quite a bit smaller than the ones he was wearing before he had his surgery. It looks really good on him. The other ones are so big. We even had to get him new belts cause he had punched all of the holes he could in them and they still wouldn't keep his pants up!!!! So, Christmas will come early for Norm this year!!!!


There's nothing like new clothes to make you feel better tho. He felt a lot more comfortable. He looked so thin and frail in that other suit cause it was so big. This one fits much better and looks much better. And they had some kind of sale going on at Mr. Mac's and he got three new ties too!!!!


While we were there, I thought maybe he could use a new pair of shoes so I picked up a pair that I thought would look nice and they were $315.00!!!! Can you imagine a pair of shoes that expensive???? I put them down really quick. That's nearly more than the suit, shirt and ties all together!!!!


Gosh, we sure did have a scare tonight. After dinner, we had been invited to a friends house for ice cream. They live really close so we walked. While we were there, we heard a bunch of sirens go by and they seemed to be stopping fairly close. Someone said something about it being our house, but just jokingly. It had crossed my mind but I thought "Naaaaaaaa, it isn't!!!"

On our way home, we walked around the corner and there were all these flashing lights and trucks right by our house!!! I started walking really fast, because it really did look like our house. We didn't smell smoke or anything, but you don't think about stuff like that when you are so scared!!!! It made me sick to think about my dog locked in his cage, and not being able to see anything or to make his way out. As I got closer, I realized it was not our house. Apparently there had been a car accident right on the corner by my backyard neighbors house. The whole intersection was filled with firetrucks and ambulances. No one was hurt, but it sure scared us all.

There are tons of accidents on this corner, but apparently no one has been hurt bad enough for the "powers that be" to consider putting a light there. I wonder what it will take to get them to listen.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road. ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Lowe Family said...

He sure does look sharp!! I really hate that intersection! Way too dangerous.