I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, September 28, 2008

How Long Has It Been????

So, I am not hiding out anymore. I never really was, just not with it. I am so ashamed that I have not posted for a while, because I really have some good news. On Sept. 5th, another sweet little spirit came into our lives.

Theron Scout Lyman.
Again, I was given the opportunity to see this sweet little one come into this world and what a special thing that was.

Theron is the last baby for this family and I can't help but thing he is just going to "sum up" the Lyman Family. He may be the last but he is not going to be the least!!! I can't wait to see what is in this little one's future, but, I will wait!!! I really want to enjoy him while he is little too. He is going to be valiant, I just know it. He is going to have to be to deal with three older brothers and a sister that has the world by the tail and runs with it!!!

His birth was not without problems but, thanks to awesome nurses and our favorite mid-wife, he came to us in good health and just bears watching for a little while. His checkups have been fine and the doctors are pleased with his progress.

Mom had a little of a hard time this time, but as usual, she just "cowboyed up" and made it through. She is so strong. I don't know if I could have done it. We are very proud of her. When I was first getting to know my daughter in law, she told me that her mom had passed away and that she was not looking for another mom. I totally understood that, because her mom's death had been fairly recent then, and she had been pretty close to her. As time has gone by, I still understand that she is not looking for another mother, but have told her many times that she will just have to deal with the fact that she is just like one of my kids to me. She is an awesome person, and has been so understanding as to the fact that I just have not been with her much, during this last pregnancy. Perhaps someday, I will be back "in the groove" again.


I am so grateful to my children for making me a grandmother. I didn't like the sound of that much, when I first heard it, but I wouldn't have it any other way at this point. These great children are our future and I pray that I will be able to make a difference in their lives.






If your baby is "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma. ~Teresa Bloomingdale

(I have to say that I have a friend that I work with at the temple and we have a running joke about who has the cutest grandkids. I always win!!!!)





3 comments:

Lowe Family said...

It's good to see you back in the swing of things! I've missed your posts. It looks great!

Colleen said...

Congratulations Frances. Your grandchildren are just beautiful.
I'm so happy that I can talk with you on your blog. We miss you all so much.
Thanks so much for letting us stay in touch with you through your blog.
We love you!

Ty Lyman said...

I agree, your grandkids are the winners. I could be a tad bit prejudice though :)
I like reading about my family on your blog. Makes me feel like I'm on cloud 9. Thanks. Love you