I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Secret Life of a Rasberry


I have thought a lot about rasberries the last few weeks. Perhaps it is because I have a bunch of them in my yard! Of course they have many huge weeds as their friends. They love these friends so much that the rasberries grow "pokies" on them so when you try to relocate the "friends" you get scratched! They do the same thing when you try to "borrow" some of those wonderful berries!

Before they graduate into the different stages that you see here, they start out as pretty little white flowers on these giant green plants. The "pokies" develop about the same time as the flowers, or maybe earlier. They are preparing themselves for the onslaught of humans and their greedy palates. Soon the begin to take on the shape of a "teenage" rasberry, and are kind of white in color and much smaller. As they become more mature and ready for the new world of sacrifice to those who have watered and nurtured them.





As they grow into a "ripe" old age, they become a darker color of red and begin to leave the vine! They now see the vision of a new home.


There is a process to taking up residence in their new home. They have to be "smooshed" up in a pot. Kinda like putting a pair of pantie hose on that is too small!!! Then to make the process a little sweeter, there is a ton of sugar added to the wonderful little berries, and they begin another adventure in their lives, and that is to become JAM!!!!



Some stay in their new homes for a while and some leave immediately! No matter how long they stay, they know that their ultimate desire is going to take place soon, and that is to reach their final destination:

The true reason for their existence!!!!!
















"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished".

3 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

Is that French Toast? My mouth is watering. I am jealous of the fact that you have home made raspberry Jam. Very yummy I'm sure. I'm still laughing at the pantie hose remark. Your hilarious.

robana said...

Wow! My mouth is watering too! I love Raspberries, I have memories of picking them. Norm looks great! Keep doing what you are doing. Love ya Anna

Lowe Family said...

Roger is still waiting for some!