I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Friends, Family and Neighbors

"Papa" and "Ita" Lowe, and Grandma and Grandpa Lyman ask for your blessings and prayers on behalf of our new, sweet little Sophie. Now I am the first to admit that I am a proud Grandma and a worrier. That is a Grandmas job, but our new little one is struggling a bit.



Her mom and dad are being strong and doing everything right. They are in contact with the doctor and he has told them what they need to do, and they are doing it, as we all knew they would. It is unnerving when there is something wrong with such a new little one, no matter how minor it is. It is still so very hard to watch her struggle and her parents doing everything they can, and not able to help much. When you think about it, Sophie is not even supposed to be here with us for another week and she is two weeks old already, so I guess one would expect some little issues. So far, the things she is struggling with are minor, so the doctor says, and Roger and Christy have faith in her doctor. I pray that his heart and hands will be guided by our Heavenly Father to treat her for what she is having to deal with and she and her parents will be able to rest and have some comfort.




Big sister is staying strong too, until Sophie cries and then she worries. She is a big help to her mom, and continues to lighten the difficult times with her antics and her ability to make us all laugh, even when she is not being so funny and has no intention of making anyone laugh!!!!


Katie loves her little sister and keeps a good eye on her. She is awesome.


Please pray for this good family and if you are near a temple, please put their names on the prayer rolls. I am sure she is going to be fine, but like I said, I take a Grandmas job very seriously and do it well!!! After seven grandchildren, I have become pretty accomplished at worrying.


"Worry is intrest paid on trouble before it comes due".

William Ralph Inge


2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

Thanks mom for being a worried grandparent. I am such a firm believer in Priesthood blessings and the next day after Sophie got hers she was so much calmer. I love the gospel in my life and the knowledge I have. Thanks for your prayers and support! Love you!

Virginia said...

I hope she is doing better!