Well, we have sunshine today and I slept all night!!! Those are two good things!!! Of course there are a lot more good things, but those are two that haven't happened much lately. I don't seem to do too well on no sleep.
For some reason, the last two days seem to have been pretty complicated. I don't seem to do too well with that either. It's futile, I know, to think that your days should just go smooth and easy. Not!!!! But, it is a foolish dream of mine!!!! The day before yesterday was dark and yukky, and a little cold, so we couldn't go out and do much outside. Norm seems to get cold really easy now, so if it is the least bit cool he is not comfortable. Used to be the other way around. He has lost 30 pounds through all of this, so, one would understand I guess. Most of the weight loss, unfortunately, has been muscle mass, so, he's not so lucky loosing that. Most of what his recovery will be, at this point, getting muscle back..strengthening, and working his heart to get it in shape (thus, the reason for Cardiac Rehab)
We now have a referal for cardiac rehab and I am excited about that because that is where Norm can learn how hard he can push himself, and when he has to stop. It will be good for both of us to learn. When he had his stints put in a couple of years ago, and did cardiac rehab, they would have let me get in there and excercise right along with him, but at this hospital, they won't. But, I can learn too, even if I have to watch.
Wednesday, was our last day for physical therapy, and occupational therapy!!!! The nerve of them to think we should do it on our own!!!!! As I have said before, we will be continuing speech, and I have to get Norm all set up with Cardio rehab. I made appointments with the diabetes clinic, so, it looks like maybe soon, we will get this stuff all straigtened out. I am not sure how long cardio rehab will be. Not sure about the diabetes clinic either. It just takes a bit to get seen as an outpatient rather than an inpatient. You would think they could transper the records, but that is not the way it works.
We are also in the process of finding another primary care doctor, so that complicates things a bit too. In the midst of all of these highly qualified specialists, I didn't realize that the primary doctor is the big guru still. They have a lot of power, and we don't care for the one we have now, so, we are looking. We have an appointment with one that lots of people have recommended, so we shall see.
Yesterday, was another one of those "adventures" We had a wonderful neighbor come and see if he could fix our water cooler, only to discover that it was going to be a lot more complicated than he thought, so maybe we would have to call someone to fix it. In addition to this, this kind friend has some serious illness himself and wasn't feeling so well. I felt awful about him being here, but he insisted.
Our daughter had asked us to babysit Katie a couple of days ago, but called the night before last, to tell us that she wouldn't need us. Then we got a call at about 6:30 a.m. or so, saying, "Mom, can you watch Katie????" Of course we said yes, because she is so much fun and makes the whole world feel better. So, our friend who came to fix the cooler and Katie were here at the same time, and they both needed me.
Then I was petting my dog, Clancy, who is spoiled beyond belief, and my almost best friend, if not best.....and discovered that he had something wrong with his eye. And, we became concerned because it is the only eye he has!!! So, I called the "eye doctor" he goes to and she said to bring him right in. So, I had to call on another wonderful neighbor, who is the wife of the other good neighbor, to come and sit with Norm and Katie, so I could take my Clancy to the vet. When they examined his eye, they discovered he had an ulcer on his eyeball. We are not exactly sure how it got there, but it was still very superficial and not cause for panic. So, $178.00 dollars later, we have a bottle of antibiotic eyedrops to be put in his eye three times a day, and a re-check in 10 days. It is a good thing that I brought him in but, it wasn't a good time.
It was all better when I came home and Katie just smiled and laughed and was really glad to see me. She was so sweet and she makes everyone feel o.k., so all was cool then. Her smile was the answer to all of it.
My grandson Bridger had a doctors appointment yesterday and I usually try to go with Ty when the kids have checkups, so we can both cry when they get shots. Bridger was behind on his shots because he had been sick when they were due before, and the doctor didn't want to give them....so, that poor little one had shots in both legs, and both arms!!!!! That still didn't catch him up, either. Maybe I can go cry with Ty next time.
I sure miss those kids. Ember is my best little buddy and Bridger is finally deciding that "Grandma" isn't really the monster he thought she was, and Austin and Kurtis are, Austin and Kurtis, but, I still miss them. It was wonderful having them over the other night and look forward to having them over more, because Norm is so much better now.
Today we have speech therapy, and that is it!!! We can come home and get something done and slow down a bit. It is nice to have some time to do what you want to do. Of course that dreaded housecleaning thing still crops up and it is not that you "want" to do it, but it still is better than living with crusty stuff on your kitchen floor!!!!
On to sunshine and good stuff today!!!
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself!
~Benjamin Franklin
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment