Can you believe that.....we have sinus rhythm!!!!! Norm went to see his cardiologist today to see if he is still in sinus rhythm and he is!!!! How sweet is that???? We really needed to hear that. The doctors are so happy, and we are praying that it stays. Gosh, we are really "stoked". The doctors P.A. did the testing and then as we were leaving the room, the doctor happened to be coming down the hall and asked how it went. We said "we have sinus rhythm" and he put both of his arms up in the air and said "YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!" The nurse's were happy, the P.A. was happy, the doctor was happy!!! Everyone was happy. I even called the hospital and left a message for his heart surgeon. Jake told him, and although he was in surgery at the time, he was really happy for Norm. Norm, most of all, needed to hear some good news. It did him wonders. Of course we have had good news before, but this was for Norm. It was wonderful.
One of the procedures they did, when they were doing the open heart surgery, was called a "maze procedure". In a nutshell, they cauterize the parts of the heart that are trying to "misfire". Sometimes the "maze" takes a while to start working and sometimes it works right away and sometimes it never does. Yesterday marked 13 weeks after surgery, so, it could be that the "maze" has finally kicked in. The sinus rhythm is what they call a "paced rhythm" supported by the pacemaker. That is not necessarily a bad thing...it would be just a little nicer if it was his heart doing it on it's own, but we won't complain. Not in the least!!!!! We'll take it!!!!
We have the go-ahead to begin cardiac rehab, which is another good thing. Dr. Walker wanted Norms heart to have a rest after the cardioversion, but now we get to go to it. That is the last step to Norm's being truly cut loose. Of course he will always have to be monitored to a certain degree, especially after all he has been though, but, this will be an "excersize class" just for the heart.
Everything else seems to be falling into place. It is actually kind of scary. We really haven't had it so bad, but it sure is nice to just see things kind of "flow". Norm has been able to spend more time every day, off his oxygen. Our goal is to get him off of it entirely, during the day, and the more excersise he gets, the sooner he will be able to do that. He may have to have it at night for quite a bit longer, but if we could just loose it during the day, that would be so nice.
The "big sprinkler in the sky" came on over the weekend, with nothing short of a monsoon, (sp?) so our yard got watered. The lawn is looking pretty darn good. Too bad we didn't have our garden in, but, if we had, it may have washed the seeds away!!!! It was a really heavy storm for a few hours. Just what the doctor ordered. At least the lawn doctor.
The rain managed to hold off long enough on Monday to let us get over to my sons house, and seated in a chair outside. Jake just took the burgers off the grill when it cut loose, so, we had to get everything in quickly. It still tasted good tho, and we all had a nice visit. Our daughter and grandaughter came with us, so, we were all there. It was a very nice day. Norm was pretty tired when we got home, so, after his shower, he kind of crashed, and so did I. All is well today tho.
After the doctors office, we went to the plumbing supply store and got some part for the "big, expensive, sprinkler in the ground". Had to get another regulator. We thought they had parts for the one we already had, but they didn't so we paid $70.00 for another one. Is a green lawn worth it???? Of course, we could have a green lawn with just regular house water, but we would pay a lot more than $70.00. Again, I am grateful. It will be so nice to have the sprinklers working. I think our neighbors will have a party!!!!!
We had a visit from my son and his family tonite. They brought over pizza and cooked it here. We had already eaten so they just sat and visited with us while they ate. It was fun. We have a great back yard for the kids to play in so it was a neat time. I love my deck and back yard. Nothing fancy, but just kind of comfortable.
What more could one ask for.....a husband in sinus rhythm, a visit from both of your kids, and ...Taco Bell for dinner???? How do you get better than that????
But, I think I am going to have to make an appointment with my doctor. I have a few friends, (very few, I might add) that love housekeeping. They love the "Little Suzy Homemaker" thing. Well, I think I may be catching that. I hate to admit it. It is a very rare sickness and I have no clue as to how or where I was exposed, but, I feel a little excited about vacuuming and getting dishes done. It just feels so nice to get even a tiny bit done. Today, I got the dog hair off one of my couches, did a bit of laundry, and a few dishes!!! It felt good!!!! (Maybe I am the one that had the 12 minute code!!!)
Real elation is when you feel you could touch a star without standing on tiptoe. ~Doug Larson
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment