I sure think it is the coolest thing to be a mother. There were quite a few years that I didn't think I would be, but my two children were well worth the wait. My son was sick today and couldn't come over because we don't need Norm to get sick. So, we missed his family, but Christy came by with Katie and Roger so that was nice. She brought me the cutest little cake. I wish I had a camera so I could have taken a picture. Anyway, unbeknownst to me, my daughter and daughter in law got together and had a picture taken of all of our grandchildren. The actual picture is not done yet, but, it will be soon. It was very nice and I can't wait to hang it up. I love looking at the kids.
I think Norm was kind of bummed because he couldn't get out and do anything or cook my breakfast, but it was enough to know that he wanted to. Christy had left us some of her chicken enchiladas so we were going to have them for dinner and just about the time that we were going to think about eating, Norm began to have trouble breathing, so we spent the remainder of our evening in the emergency room. They did a ct scan and a bunch of blood work...all looking really good. The only thing they can figure out was that his lungs had some "gunk" in them and it was blocking part of the airway. He has coughed a lot and gotten a lot of stuff out of his lungs for the last little while, so that is the only thing they can figure out. They started him on antibiotics just to be sure there was not the beginning of pneumonia or anything even close to that. So, we shall see what happens now. He has an appointment with the heart surgeon on Wed and that will be good. Maybe they will come up with something.
I was going out to the ER office to let them know that we would be having visitors in a few minutes, and someone called my name as I was walking by the nurses station!!!! It was a friend of mine from church and she ended up being the one that did the CT scan. Interesting huh??? It was good to see her.
So, interesting Sunday, and we never did make it to church because we were all ready and went to switch Norm from the oxygen machine that we have here at the house, to a small tank to fit into his walker, and the stupid valve wouldn't work right. It is one of those that is a pulsating thing and gives him a shot of air...it is triggered by his own breath, but he had to about suck in his teeth to get it to work....so, we would have been really late, had we taken the time to switch out more tanks and valves.....so, we stayed home and went to the emergency room instead!!! That was hours later, but I think we just needed to see the inside of a hospital again!!!! It is amazing how it seemed so familiar and my eyes just immediatly went up to the monitor that they hook you up to, and began watching his oxygen saturation levels. I had done that for nine weeks and now was back once again, watching the monitor. But, this time it wasn't for very long and now we are home and I'm going to bed!!!
All is well here. We go to therapy again tomorrow, but not till later in the day, so, we will have time to "veg". Yea, like I am going to "veg" with laundry pushing out the bathroom door, dirty dishes stacked to the ceiling, the kitchen floor is so sticky that you could use it for fly paper, and there are just "treasures" all over the place. So, I can just "cowboy up", and get going.
Let go, and
Let God!!!!!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
My heart goes out to you Frances. Keep on going and hang in their.
lvoe Jannie, (HSH)
Post a Comment