I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, we got the word!!!!

I guess it's a go for the cardioversion. His bloodwork looks good and everything checks out, so, tomorrow morning at 8:30, we have to be to admitting in the hospital. Then, at 9:30, they will do it. I must say that I was hoping that something wouldn't check out and they couldn't do it!!!! I have total confidence in his cardiologist. He is awesome, and he explained everything to us. It really is not too big a deal, but so much has happened to Norm that I hate to take a chance on anything more going wrong. He really will be in the best of hands and if anything does happen to go wrong, he will be in the right place. It still makes me nervous. But, it has to be done, so, I just need to buck up!!!!

We went to occupational therapy and physical therapy today and they said that they didn't think it was necessary for him to come back after the end of this week. There is really nothing more they can do, and what needs to be done, we can do at home. I guess Cardiac Rehab is next, but the cardiologist wants to give Norms body a chance to rest for a week or so, before we do that. We can just walk and do some low-key upper body stuff till then. So, that was good news. He walked quite a ways today, so, they just decided that a couple of more days and he will be ready. So, onwards and upwards.

Now, if only my sprinklers and water cooler would go "onwards and upwards". My wonderful neighbors have been working so hard on them, but things just keep going wrong. They are so awesome and have worked so hard. I don't have the heart to tell my good neighbor who has been working on the sprinklers, that they blew up again this morning. He was so happy last night when he thought they were fixed. He is not going to be happy. I think I won't tell him. If he asks I will tell him, but I won't bring it up. It is so hard to let people do stuff like this and just sit and watch. I think that man has fixed that stupid thing five times. Or, at least thought he did.

The guys working on the water cooler have been here for three days, working on it. It has leaked all over my carpet twice now, and they seem to be finding leak after leak. The latest one is in the attic. Oh goodie!!!!! I don't know whether to cry or laugh.

If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.

~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

I know whatever happens Norm is being watched over. Luckily so are we :) I love you guys. I like that you update often. I don't feel like I need a personal conversation from you every morning although, I guess there isn't anything wrong with that either. hang in there. You know you do have a son you can count on, his family likes to tag along sometimes though. I'm telling Jake about the sprinkler by the way. We love you guys