Well, I actually got a little accomplished today. Mostly just laundry, but, it is a start!!! I even put some away!!!! There is underwear in my drawer and towels in the closet. It seems kind of pointless because you have to turn around and do it again in a week, but, it looks better, I guess. Personally, a big pile of clothes on the laundry room table suits me just fine!!!!
Norm and I went to Wally World today and got some milk and junk so we don't have to go anywhere this weekend. The stores are wild on Memorial Day, if they are even open, so, we are set. I also got some flowers for my yard. Boy howdy, those things are expensive, but, they are pretty. Maybe I'll plant on Monday.
We had been home for a while and our neighbor came over to tell us that he hooked up our sprinkler line. It was the same place that it had been broken before, so I figured "here we go again", but, IT WORKED!!!!!!! They played around with the regulator for the water pressure and it took care of the problem!!! We have to go get some parts on Tuesday, for a regulator that is a little larger, so we can get better coverage with the sprinklers, but at least it is working and I can save my lawn. What a relief!!!! That lawn is such a lot of work and the sprinkler system was really hard to put in, so, I just didn't want to see that lawn go brown. Maybe now it won't.
I really can't think of all that I've done today!!!! I know that I have been busy all day, but I guess it was just my imagination, cause I can't remember what I did, other than some laundry and dishes. Guess it is better than nothing. It feels good to get something accomplished. If I can just keep going now.
Norm was off his oxygen more today than yesterday. He even walked out to the side yard with our two neighbors to look at the valve and stuff out there, for the water. He got a little tired, so I brought him a chair, but I think it was good for him to be with the "guys". They came back in the yard and worked a little bit and I could tell Norm was in trouble....just all of a sudden got really tired. But, he made it over to the deck and sat down a minute and was just fine. I think it is going to take him a while, but he really is going to get rid of the oxygen. He will be so happy.
We are going to try to go to church tomorrow. It felt so good to go last week. We saw people that we hadn't seen in months.
I hope that is it just a little warmer for the holiday. For the last couple of days, there has been a breeze that keeps it just cool enough that you don't want to spend a lot of time outside if you are not in the sun. Tomorrow we are just going to "veg" after church, but Monday, I am hoping that it will be warm enough to plant those flowers.
For now, I am going to go to bed. Maybe I will start a good book.
"Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars."
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Well just think maybe now you will have a lawn that looks as good as ours :)
Post a Comment