I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, May 22, 2008

What the Heck????


I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.
~Jack Handey

I can't figure out what kind of day this has been...good, so-so, sorta bad, kinda yukky or downright poopy!!!! It seems like today has hit all of that!!!! Let me list a couple of reasons: a very sweet friend of mine died yesterday and I found out about it today...I found out that Norms doctor did not order some really critical meds that he has to take and he cannot get off of them without a doctors help.., we decided to go down to my daughters house to visit her and her family (that was the good part) and were driving out of the driveway and saw that the wind that we have had the last couple of days, has really done a number on our roof so that may have to be replaced....I went by the doctors office to see what happened with the meds and they said they ordered them but we just didn't get them...I went to the bank after the doctors office, to get some money because we were going to take my daughter, her husband and Katie out to lunch and the ATM messed up so I had to go inside to make sure it didn't make two withdrawals and I only got one!!!....We got on the freeway and Norm told me the wrong on-ramp to use, so I had to turn around and get back to the right one!!!...Got down to Spanish Fork and I made the wrong turn, so we were lost again.....we finally made it there and went to get our lunch and the lady that waited on us didn't give Christy her onion rings: she got fries instead....we went home and sat for a few minutes then went to Wal Mart to pickout flowers for Norms parents graves..Norm decided that he wanted to bring the oxygen tank in with him, so we got him a "putt-putt" chair, got him all set up with his oxygen and went about our way....only to discover that he really did not feel good and was having trouble getting enough air....when we got out to the car to go home, we discovered that no one had turned the tank on!!!!! All of that time, and it was never turned on!!!!....we ate dinner and were getting ready to start bedtime stuff. Norm tested his blood, and found that it was way to high, and I have no clue what to do!!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!!! Meds, doctors appointments, therapies, diabetes clinics, pills here, cream there, showers, ted hose, ...blah, blah, blah!!!!! YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!!!!

At least the "big sprinkler in the sky" was working today and my lawn, onions, and rasberries won't die for a few more days!!!! Oh yea, and my dishwasher door is broken!!!!!!!

I honestly don't know what hit me today but it was something big, and ugly!!!!!

On the good side, Norm has been spending a lot of time off the oxygen. At least when he is in the house and not moving around too much. (and, when we forget to turn it on!!!!) Even the forgetting to turn it on part was sorta good cause he realized that he can do without it and that he will recover if he just works through it. For a long time now, we have realized that he never really has learned to breath right. So, we are always telling him "breath deep, in through your nose and out your mouth." Over and over and over!!!! You would be amazed at how much that helps him recover from struggleing for enough air. He realizes now too, after the "forgetting part" that he is dependent on it to a certain point and that he needs to learn to do without it when he can. It is kind of a security blanket, but I can understand after so many weeks of really bad lung and breathing issues, that he would like to have that security. But, he has his work ahead of him to learn to let it go and get out of his comfort zone a bit. Like I need to do with food. Is there Eaters Anonymos anywhere????


Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. ~Cherralea Morgen

2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

Looks like after you left you had a big day!! Thanks again for lunch and coming to visit! We love you! Let me know when you're going to plant...i'll come and help!

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry you had such a bad day, we totally know how those goes!! Just keep your chin up and remember there will be great days along with those crappy days. And remember you have friends in monroe utah rootin you along!!