I Have Fought a Good Fight

"May we resolve from this day forward to fill our hearts with love. May we go the extra mile to include in our lives any who are lonely or downhearted or who are suffereing in any way. May we "cheer up the sad and make someone feel glad." May we live so that when that final summons is heard, we may have no serious regrets, no unfinished business, but will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
~ Thomas S. Monson

Monday, August 31, 2009

O.K.!!! It's time!!!!

I pretty much have ignored my blog, most of the summer. Not because I want to!!! Just happens that way.


It has been a good summer..not too hot, and not too cold!!! Just right! I was worried about my garden when we had that long cool spell in June, but it has come on with a vengance, at this point, so, that would give you a pretty good idea about what I have been doing for the last little while!!!




















Three cases of rasberry jam, but I gave one to someone! 35 quarts of pickles! I never want to see another dill pickle!!!
Two laundry baskets of onions! 21 pints of green beans! Dried peppers! 15 quarts of tomatoes!



Believe it or not, I really hate canning!!! Norm and I made a deal in 07 that if he wanted to have a big garden, that he would have to help me can the stuff! Then, in 2008 he was sick, but insisted on having a garden, and we couldn't keep up with it, so most of the stuff was given away. So this year, he has just escaped!!! Not!!!! Gonna have family counsel on that one!!!


But, all in all, the shelves are filling up and it is somewhat of a comfort that at least we will have green beans, onions, tomatoes, rasberry jam, and pickles!!!!

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get housework done!!!!"

5 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

I WANNA COME HOME :) I want some of all of that. I'm very jealous. That's for sure.

Lowe Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lowe Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lowe Family said...

Now I know where to come shopping! Just remember how nice it is this winter while you're canning tomatoes, even if dad bails out on you and you complain the whole time :)

Lowe Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.