There are little invisible people running around my yard, turning on my sprinklers!!!!! Norm and I were up in the bedroom getting his shoes on, and just kind of visiting, and he heard a noise. I thought it was just a truck hitting a bump on the road beside our house. Then we heard it again and it was water hitting the house!!! We looked out the window and our sprinklers were on. They had been broken for a week or so, and we had just got the parts to fix them yesterday. We don't know how they came on. So, as we were getting ready, I had to go out and wade through the mud, and get hit with the sprinklers , to get them turned off!!! I don't think this is a good time for me and sprinklers!!!!
On to our appointment with the heart surgeon. Actually, it was his P.A. We were very late because his office was not where I thought it was, plus we had to get that stupid sprinkler off, plus...."someone had to go potie". But, we got there and they were pretty nice about everything. I am not sure about Norm but I feel a lot better after the appointment. He explained to Norm exactly what they did to his heart and I think Norm feels better about that. The P.A. explained the sleeplessness, fatigue, loss of appetite, anxiety, coughing, fluid retention and all of those wonderful other issues that go along with heart surgery, as normal. And because of Norms extended hospital stay and three cardiac arrests, plus all of the other stuff, those things are kind of magnified. He is beginning to understand now, what it is going to take to control some of that stuff. He understands that this is just something he is going to have to work through. Most of it was stuff that we had talked about before, but it helped to have it come from someone else besides me. So, the heart surgeon has cut us loose, and we now go to Norms cardiologist. I will miss Dr. Mitchell, but I can always touch base with him through Jake.
Physical therapy worked Norm pretty hard to day. He walked all over the place without his walker. They worked on balance and one would never realize how hard that is and how much energy it takes. He is flat tuckered tonight. His recovery, after a workout like that is much faster now too, so, there are improvements all of the time. I think it will be a while before he can run a road race, but, soon.....maybe!!!! Ha, yea, right!!!!!
Occupational therapy is a little easier, but he has to work other muscles, so, it is a different kind of torture!!!! He has a little weakness on his right side, for some reason, so it makes it hard for him to write and pick up small things. They worked on that a bit today, plus made him do the "arm bike". So, it isn't really easier...just different.
Tomorrow we have the day off, but I have to take my dog to the vet for a "well puppy check". He is way beyond being a puppy, but I just call him "Puppy" so he won't feel bad. He needs a shot, and just checked over. Norm doesn't really want to go, so Christy is going to come and visit with him while I am gone. It will be a good time for them.
So, again, things are moving forward and that is what we want to see. We are so grateful for all of the prayers that have been offered, the help that has been given and the concern shown. It is wonderful to have friends and family who are so willing to help and do so without a hesitation. Thank you everyone.
"Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief"
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment